Friday, July 10, 2015

Oops, get the Windex!

Ok, I might just be reaching with this one, but really.

In my quest to use all my stamp sets before approximately July 15, I had to stop and scratch my head when I got this set called Oh Splat! from The Alley Way Stamps. It's all splats, drops and liquid-looking  oopsies.

I can't be the only one who immediately thought of bird poop when I saw it. No, this won't be the last bird poop card because I have, thanks to TAWS, a large collection of bird stamps.

I used 2 previously unused sets, both from TAWS -- Tree's Company and Oh, Splat! The bird, branch, and blue sky "glow" are water-colored with Distress inks. The splats and star sprinkles are stamped with Distress inks.

I am entering this into the current "Naughty or Nice" challenge, so that's why there are stars stamped in the upper right corner. They don't really work but I really wanted to get in on the "naughty" action.


I don't usually do inside sentiments, but this one will have one that says either "Get the Windex" or "Time for a big rain storm!"

True story: My ex-husband made the entire extended family wait an extra half hour one Thanksgiving while he meticulously polished all the car's windows until you couldn't see them. 10 minutes into the 2 hour drive we got the biggest, grossest bird poop EVER in the exact center of the driver's side windshield. I thought he might pop a blood vessel; he was so mad. Yes, we had to find a place to stop and repair the damage.


4 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

So funny... definitely one for the naughty corner collection! Just perfect for our current challenge over at Naughty Or Nice, Jo x

Lindsey said...

If only birds pooped in star shapes! This is such a fun card. Thanks for joining us at Naughty or Nice Challenges!

hollybeary creations said...

Ha Ha I love it.. what a fun way to use the set!! That's thinking outside the box. Thanks for joining us at the Alley Way Stamps.

Unknown said...

Splat absolutely does happen and it can smell terrible! Over the weekend we were looking at baby birds and the poo smell was so overpowering!

Anyway, great card that made me chuckle. I love the CAS look :) Thanks for sharing with us at Naughty or Nice Challenges!
Sara
www.PolkaDotRosie.blogspot.com